At Challenger we believe all gamers should have an opportunity to enhance their experience with cash contests without radically changing how/where/when they play. With this belief guiding us, we’ve built a first of its kind in-game contest engine that automatically tracks results for users and provides real-time notifications for scores. This is made possible through the combination of our Windows app for contest configuration and data collection, our AI (computer vision, deep learning, machine learning) to understand in-game interactions, and our python data processing running on a performant and scalable GCP tool chain.
As an Engineer at Challenger you will be able to use a combination of leading edge technologies to deliver an experience unlike any other in the video gaming market. We’re a small team of passionate technologists and gamers, chasing ambitious goals in a very fun industry that has not yet realized the potential of cash gaming.
You are energized and motivated by the opportunity to build cool software. You enjoy seeing your creation come to life and be used by thousands. You crave tough challenges in a super technical and collaborative environment that requires creativity and vision to navigate complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
You are a talented, experienced software engineer with a handle on good software design, a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things.
You are happy in a team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where giving and receiving of feedback, and constructive debate are actively encouraged. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship; with a passion for building great things and a drive to continually improve, be productive, and be proud of the work you deliver.
If this sounds like you, then join our team and let’s create something game changing!
About The Role
We are seeking a front end developer to join our engineering team and help us maintain and further develop the Challenger’s web user portal.
You will be leading our user interface work and developing new experiences aimed at making all data and tools intuitively accessible to every user. You will connect front-end web components to microservices infrastructure and integrate with design.
An ideal candidate will also have attention to detail, eye for design, and even some UI design skill.
- Writing reusable, testable, SEO-friendly and efficient code
- Utilize latest web development best practices to create new, and improve current, functionality and features.
- Integrating front-end components with first and third-party web services
- Develop front-end components that are performant and visually pleasing
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Connecting to our own and in some cases third party APIs
- You have experience and passion for building world-class frontends, which combine usability, accessibility, elegance, performance, and maintainability
- Experience as a React.js developer
- Familiarity with JS Frameworks such as Vue, Angular, etc.
- Experience with responsive web design
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Github and Gitlab
- Experience with unit and integration testing, ability to test the application, before delivery of product.
- Experience interacting with web APIs (REST, JSON-RPC)
- Familiarity with design and development collaboration tools (Figma, inVision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Experience with iterative, agile based software delivery processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Bonus / Differentiators:
- Python Developer / strong skills with Python
- Expertise with Django
- Familiarity with UI design tools (Sketch, Adobe Create Suite, Affinity)
- The ideal candidate is passionate, engaging, organized, and self-motivated; they love gaming and are enthusiastic about building something that will have a major impact on the video game industry and gamers around the world