Challenger is operating at the edge of what is now known to be possible with computer vision and AI when applied to video gaming. With that, comes a wave of new and incredible challenges and opportunities. To deliver on that value, you will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don’t suffice.
At Challenger we believe all gamers should have an opportunity to enhance their experience with cash contests without radically changing how/where/when they play. With this belief guiding us, we’ve built a first of its kind in-game contest engine that automatically tracks results for users and provides real-time notifications for scores. We are building and operating an exciting software stack of cloud infrastructure, software services, APIs, web and Windows interactive interfaces, and AI-driven data pipelines to bring a streamlined way for gamers to compete for cash.
We bring the adrenaline of having something at stake and the thrill of winning to the AAA gaming titles people love. We’re a small team of passionate technologists and gamers, chasing ambitious goals in a very fun industry that has not yet realized the potential of cash gaming.
Our company is young, hungry, and ready to disrupt traditional tournaments players in the eSports space.
As a leader at Challenger you will shape the direction of the company and build a product that delivers an experience unlike any other in the video gaming market.
Challenger Interactive is looking for enthusiastic people to join our remote team focused on Community Development and go to market efforts. We are seeking experienced digital marketers passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, and player relationships.
The ideal candidate is passionate, engaging, organized, and self-motivated; they love gaming and are enthusiastic about community interaction, proficient in digital media, digital advertising, analytics and comfortable in all digital/online environments. A track record of successful marketing efforts, ideally in the gaming or entertainment industry, will be a major differentiator for candidates.
- Handling strategic online initiatives, leading marketing campaigns from the idea stage through to their execution and implementation
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
- Analyze sales and community usage numbers in comparison to the marketing budget in order to find the profit margin and which campaigns were most effective
- Directing the hiring of marketing and promotions staff and supervising their work
- Work with both the product and brand marketing departments to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers and keep current customers
- Collaborate with other executives to make high-level decisions regarding the budget and the direction of the company
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to the product or service
- Develop marketing strategies for new products or services that comply with local gaming and data regulations
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing analytics, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., BI and data visualization, dbt or similar data modeling, data warehouse and sql, ETL and ELT)
- Familiarity with Customer Data Platform concepts
- Experience with tag management and api hub technologies
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
- Existing strong personal network within eSports
- Working knowledge of Snowplow, BigQuery, dbt
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Figma