Challenger is operating at the edge of what is now known to be possible with computer vision and AI when applied to video gaming. With that, comes a wave of new and incredible challenges and opportunities. To deliver on that value, you will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don’t suffice.
At Challenger we believe all gamers should have an opportunity to enhance their experience with cash contests without radically changing how/where/when they play. With this belief guiding us, we’ve built a first of its kind in-game contest engine that automatically tracks results for users and provides real-time notifications for scores. We are building and operating an exciting software stack of cloud infrastructure, software services, APIs, web and Windows interactive interfaces, and AI-driven data pipelines to bring a streamlined way for gamers to compete for cash.
We bring the adrenaline of having something at stake and the thrill of winning to the AAA gaming titles people love. We’re a small team of passionate technologists and gamers, chasing ambitious goals in a very fun industry that has not yet realized the potential of cash gaming.
Our company is young, hungry, and ready to disrupt traditional tournaments players in the eSports space.
As a leader at Challenger you will shape the direction of the company and build a product that delivers an experience unlike any other in the video gaming market.
Challenger Interactive is looking for enthusiastic people to join our remote team focused on building the newest and greatest brand in eSports. We are seeking experienced brand marketers passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, and player relationships.
The ideal candidate is engaging, organized, and self-motivated; they love gaming and are excited about community interaction, building awesome brands, and developing the partnerships to make Challenger a marquee name in gaming. A track record of successful marketing efforts, ideally in the gaming or entertainment industry, will be a major differentiator for candidates.
- Set brand tone and drive brand awareness
- Developing custom marketing and advertising strategies
- Write pitches, blog posts and articles
- Make decisions about the cost of branding and analyzing trends in customer spending
- Build relationships with influencers, journalists and media outlets
- Oversee social media accounts and ensure brand consistency
- Conduct meetings with clients
- Oversee marketing staff
- Develop social media strategies to include constantly changing metrics and responses to client engagements
- Engage and maintain regular connections with key allied organizations, proactively looking for positive ways we can collaborate
- Plan and participate in industry events
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven results from work experience in marketing, particularly within the gaming industry
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools and advertising contract negotiation
- Seasoned advocate with at least three years experience working in building organizational relationships and coalitions
- Ability to build bridges across differences and resolve conflicts
- Skill in building brand-appropriate and compelling presentations in Google Slides and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and listening
- Self-directed, driven, goal-oriented, with comfort working remotely